The training covers:
- A step-by-step approach to medical emergencies with a protocol to use
- Calling for emergency help in Switzerland and what to say
- Seizures and febrile convulsions
- Life-threatening bleeding and shock
- Basic wound care and nosebleeds
- Sprains, strains, and broken bones
- Spinal injuries and serious head injuries
- Burns first aid
- Accidental poisoning and asthma
- Serious allergic reactions (anaphylaxis) and how to use an EpiPen™
- Recognising meningitis and sepsis
- Fever fighters and painkillers.
- What to have in your first aid kit and how to use it
Course fees include a triangular bandage (to make a sling) and a crepe bandage (for bandaging wounds and joints) for each participant.
Course certification: HealthFirst Certificate of Attendance in Saving Lives: Accidents and Illnesses (valid for 2 years)
Any more questions about our Public First Aid Courses? Please click here.