This is the obligatory first aid course required for the driving licence in Switzerland (also known as the Samaritan course or Samariter Nothelferkurs). It is taught in English by qualified midwives and nurses. We welcome participants from 14 years upwards. The First Aid certificate is awarded at the end of the course and is recognised by Das Bundesamt für Strassen (ASTRA)/Office fédéral des routes (OFROU)
- Evaluating the scene of an accident, including how to keep yourself and others safe.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) with practice using life-sized manikins.
- Assessing consciousness and use the ‘Recovery Position’.
- Managing a casualty with a suspected spinal injury.
- First Aid for an injured person at the roadside with severe bleeding or burns.
- The symptoms and signs of a heart attack and a stroke and what to do.
- An introduction to using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED).