This interactive two-day course ensures that your company has trained first aiders who are confident to act in a medical emergency both inside and outside the workplace.
Course contents include
- Emergency protocols: evaluation of the situation and calling for emergency assistance, personal safety and security, legal obligations in Switzerland
- Basic Life Support: giving CPR to adults, children, and babies with practise on manikins and using an Automated External Defibrillator
- Other life-threatening situations: the unconscious casualty and when to use the ‘Recovery Position’, seizures, heart attack, stroke, choking, drowning
- Essential First Aid skills: head and spinal injuries, major blood loss and shock, burns, broken bones, heatstroke, and hypothermia
- Self-care after attending a medical emergency
Small group work and realistic first aid scenarios are used to practise newly acquired skills. Knowledge is also tested through a short multiple-choice exam at the end of the training.
Swiss Resuscitation Council BLS-AED-SRC Generic Provider and HealthFirst Certificate of Attendance – Level 1 First Aid training (both valid for 2 years).