First Aid Course for the Swiss Driver’s Licence
HealthFirst First Aid
Driver's First Aid course delivered by native English-speaking trainers
This is the obligatory, fully certified, First Aid course required for the driving licence in Switzerland. It is sometimes known as the Samaritan course or the Nothelferkurs and is delivered by native English-speaking trainers.
The course is 10 hours long and is split into different modules. Attendance at all modules is required to receive your certificate. There is practical assessment throughout the course and a short written test at the end.
Participants are welcomed from the age of 14 years. The certification lasts for 6 years.
Course contents include:
- How to evaluate and react at the scene of an accident, including how to keep yourself and others safe.
- How to call for emergency help in Switzerland, including essential French and German phrases.
- Training in how to give Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to babies, children and adults with practice using life-sized manikins.
- How to assess an injured person’s level of consciousness and how to use the ‘Recovery Position’.
- How to approach a casualty with a suspected spinal injury.
- First Aid for an injured person at the roadside including the management of severe bleeding and burns.
- The symptoms and signs of a heart attack and a stroke and what to do.
- An introduction to using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
- Real-time skills practice in small groups.
COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols
We would like to reassure you that we have established additional safety procedures that will be followed during our face-to-face courses in light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. These procedures are aligned with guidance from the Federal Office of Public Health, the Swiss Resuscitation Council, as well as the Office Federal des Routes and their First Aid course certification body, SGS. As from Monday 13th September 2021, a valid COVID Certificate has been required for all of our public face-to-face training courses.
First Aid Course for the Swiss Driver’s Licence as recognised by Das Bundesamt für Strassen (ASTRA)/Office fédéral des routes (OFROU). The certificate is valid for 6 years.
Disclaimer: Click here to read our full disclaimer.
Upcoming Public Courses
Please book via the course links below.
Corporate, Schools and Organisations
Please enquire via the form below.
What our clients say:
"HealthFirst provides relevant and practical first aid training in a personable manner, and with the added bonus of a great sense of humour, to keep the participants motivated and engaged. We can wholeheartedly recommend them and would gladly use them again. "
Our team is ready to respond
HealthFirst Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields