This is the obligatory, fully certified, First Aid course required for the driving licence in Switzerland. It is delivered by native English-speaking trainers.
The course is 10 hours long and is split into different modules. Attendance at all modules is required to receive certification. There is practical assessment throughout the course and a short, written test at the end.
Course contents include:
- How to evaluate and react at the scene of an accident, including how to keep yourself and others safe
- How to call for emergency help in Switzerland
- Training in how to give Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) with practise using life-sized manikins
- How to assess an injured person’s level of consciousness and how to use the ‘Recovery Position’
- How to approach a casualty with a suspected spinal injury
- First Aid for an injured person at the roadside including the management of severe bleeding and burns
- The symptoms and signs of a heart attack and a stroke and what to do
- An introduction to using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Real-time skills practise in small groups
This is the First Aid Course for the Swiss Driver’s Licence as recognised by Das Bundesamt für Strassen (ASTRA)/Office fédéral des routes (OFROU). The certificate is valid for 6 years.