Case Postale 233
1814 La Tour-de-Peilz
Caring for Babies: The First Year
This hands-on training gives child-carers and nannies advice and guidance about caring for babies under the age of 1.
Amongst other topics, the workshop covers:
- Safety for a baby indoors and out.
- Using baby equipment: high chairs, car seats, slings and other baby wearing techniques.
- Why babies cry and how to respond.
- Changing a baby’s nappy: differences for girls and boys.
- How to bath and dress a baby.
- A new-born baby’s sleep needs.
- Reducing the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (cot/crib death).
- Ques that a baby needs feeding.
- How baby’s nutritional needs change during the first year.
- Bottle sterilisation and safety.
- New baby problems – colic, regurge and fever. When to get advice for a baby you are looking after.
Course duration: 3½ hours
HealthFirst Certificate of Attendance in Caring for Babies: The First Year
Saving Young Lives – CPR for Babies and Children
Gain vital knowledge about what to do in an emergency involving a baby or child and empower yourself with life-saving skills that could make all the difference.
This workshop is ideal for parents and carers of children. It includes:
- A step-by-step approach to medical emergencies with a protocol to follow.
- How to call for emergency help in Switzerland and what to say.
- How to assess a baby or child’s level of consciousness.
- Putting an unconscious baby or child into a safe position (the ‘Recovery Position’).
- Seizures and febrile convulsions.
- How to give Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to babies and children.
- Drowning and near-drowning: do’s and don’ts and First Aid.
- First Aid for a choking baby or child.
HealthFirst Certificate of Attendance in CPR for Babies and Children (valid for 2 years)
First Aid for Child Injuries
This course is packed with practical advice, hands-on training, lively discussions and lots of information. Along with other topics, you can expect to:
- Learn how to deal with burns, scalds and electrocution.
- Understand the importance of head injuries in children and what to do.
- Practice how to deal with major bleeding and more minor cuts, grazes and nosebleeds.
- Practice the First Aid for broken bones and sprains.
- Learn about accidental poisoning and what number to call for expert advice.
- Discuss what you should have in your First Aid Kit and how to use it.
HealthFirst Certificate of Attendance in First Aid for Child Injuries (valid for 2 years)
This two hour seminar covers the most common “beasties” found in Switzerland. Learn how to be fully prepared if you come across duck fleas, ticks, marching caterpillars and snakes while enjoying the great outdoors.
We will show you the correct way to remove ticks and explain about their associated illnesses, teach you how to treat both a snake bite and duck fleas and help the whole family recognise the marching caterpillar!
"Our Association aims to have all our nanny members First Aid and CPR trained, to achieve this we have worked together with HealthFirst since 2016. HealthFirst offers interactive training and working with them is always professional. The individual feedback on the courses is always positive and we look forward to organizing more trainings in the future."
Our team is ready to respond
+41 21 921 1415