Between 10-24 people a year will die from anaphylaxis (a severe allergic reaction) in Switzerland and the majority of these will be young people between the ages of 15-25 years old.
An awful thought……but remember – many of these deaths are preventable and you can be part of this. The UK charity Anaphylaxis Campaign has created this 2 minute film that highlights the severity and associated risks of anaphylaxis and the preventable nature of anaphylaxis deaths.
This film aims to:
– Demonstrate the seriousness of the condition.
– Persuade young people with anaphylaxis to carry their adrenaline auto-injectors (AAI).
– Dissuade bullying of those affected.
– Highlight the potentially fatal nature of anaphylaxis.
– Raise awareness among the general public about anaphylaxis.
– De-stigmatise the carrying and usage of AAI.
Disclaimer: Click here to read our full disclaimer.